Family in Manta Ecuador

Family in Manta Ecuador
January 2015

Monday, May 7, 2007

Prayer

Please pray for our son-in-law Mike Lewis. He just had emergency surgery for apendicitis. Mike and our daughter Mandie have been in South Korea for less than a year. Besides the illness and surgery, this is a new cultural experience. Since they are young newlyweds, this is a challenge they are facing together for the first time. Please pray for his recovery and recuperation.

As a native of southwestern Kansas, my heart goes out to the people of Greensburg. I remember visiting Greensburg's Big Well and giant meteorite. The stubborn grain elevator left standing reminds me of how, when traveling on the Great Plains as a child, I would look ahead to the grain elevator of the next town on the horizon, watching it grow closer and closer until I could read the town's name on the "huge" building and could look to the horizon for the next one. Knowing the character of Kansans, I fully expect the citizens of Greensburg to rebuild. I am praying for God to work as Comforter and Refresher.

As always, thanks for your prayers for us.

No comments: